The Regent’s Achievement Scholarship is a competitive scholarship awarded to outstanding applicants from across the UK. Successful applicants to this award will receive a full fee-waiver for undergraduate study. This is a means tested scholarship. Please see below for application guidance.
|Type of funding||Scholarship|
|Intake||Applicable to autumn 2020 starters|
|Level of study||Full-time Undergraduate|
|Nationality||To be eligible for this scholarship applicants must also be eligible to apply for a Maintenance Loan via Student Finance England. Click here for details of Student Finance England’s nationality and residency requirements.|
Academic achievement of three grade Bs at A-level (or equivalent qualification) from a UK recognised institution
Annual household income of less than £35,000 (appropriate supporting documents must be provided)
See eligibility tab for further details
|Submit to||See 'how to apply' tab|
|Application deadline||Applications are now closed|
If you have any questions about the Regent's Achievement Scholarship, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected].
You must meet the academic and means-tested criteria detailed below and hold an offer to study at Regent’s University London. Please supply your student ID number on your application form.
- Academic achievement of three grade Bs at A-level (or equivalent qualification) from a UK recognised institution
- Annual household income of less than £35,000 (appropriate supporting documents must be provided)
- Eligible for a Maintenance Loan via Student Finance England and be able to cover living expenses for the duration of studies
The Regent’s Achievement Scholarship applies to all undergraduate programmes. It does not apply to students in the first year of degree programmes with integrated foundation.
Students enrolling on a degree programme with integrated foundation at Regent’s are eligible to apply for the Regent’s Achievement Scholarship once they have commenced their foundation-level studies. If successful, the scholarship would then apply to their degree-level studies.
Scholarships are limited to one award per student, with the highest value scholarship applying in such cases where one student is eligible to receive more than one award.
If you wish to change your chosen degree programme after enrolling at the University, the Regent’s Achievement Scholarship can be transferred to your new programme within the Faculty of Business & Management or the Faculty of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences. The transfer must take place before the registration cut-off date. You must also meet any additional entry requirements relating to your new programme.
How to apply
We strongly encourage all applicants to attend an Insight to Regent’s session, a friendly pre-entry support workshop tailored to your needs. This will strengthen your application. Please see the 'Insight to Regent's' tab for dates and further details.
How to Make an Application for the Regent's Achievement Scholarship
Make an application to study at Regent's University London
Regent's Scholarship Application Form and Supporting Statement
Please complete the Regent's Scholarship Application Form and upload a supporting statement of no more than 750 words titled 'Regent's Achievement Scholarship'. See below for further details.
For your application to be considered for this award, you must verify your eligibility by following the steps below.
Deadline: 31 May 2020
Verifying Your Eligibility
To verify eligibility for this award, all applicants must complete the following steps:
Register with Student Finance Online
Register for a Student Finance Online account through the website and select Regent's as your preferred university.
Complete Student Loan Company Application Form*
- To send an application without applying for a loan, you can use the 'value of zero' in the form
- Please also select the consent to share option, so that we can verify your information
Deadline: 31 May 2020
*If you are facing any challenges completing your application to the Student Loans Company please contact [email protected] or call 020 3075 6126.
What should I include in my supporting statement? (Up to 750 words)
Please include the following in your supporting statement:
- Why you are interested in studying at Regent's
- Why you are right for the course you are applying for and your ambitions for the future
- Any successes, challenges or barriers you have experienced to date. These may be academic, personal or professional
- How you intend to support yourself financially for the duration of your studies
For many applicants, writing a supporting statement can be challenging. If you would like to speak with someone about your application please don’t hesitate to get in touch at [email protected].
All shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.
We understand that the outcome of your application is important to your future planning. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants in good time following the application deadline (31st May 2020). If you have any questions about your application, please contact [email protected].
Insight to Regent's
Thank you for your interest in studying at Regent’s University London! As an applicant to the Regent’s Achievement Scholarship we invite you to attend an Insight to Regent’s session. Insight to Regent’s is a pre-entry support session for all Regent’s Achievement Scholarship applicants, tailored to your needs. While this is not compulsory, attendance will strengthen your application. Insight to Regent’s includes:
- 1-1 support with your Regent’s Achievement Scholarship supporting statement, if you have not yet submitted your application
- Information, advice and guidance around student finance
- A tour of our campus, located in the heart of Regent’s Park
- An opportunity to meet staff and students
- Your chance to ask questions about life at Regent’s in an informal and welcoming setting and talk through any challenges you might be facing in accessing higher education
To register your interest, please contact [email protected].
If you have any specific access requirements or would like to speak with one of our team please email [email protected].