Intensive English Course Overview
An Intensive English Language Course (21 hours per week) combines General English in the mornings with English Skills in the afternoons. The course is aimed at students who would like to improve their skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) as well as vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation.
This course is available at 4 levels:
- A2 (pre-intermediate)
- B1 (intermediate)
- B2 (upper-intermediate)
- C1 (advanced)
Your level will be tested at the start of the course.
Students on this course have access to extra-curricular activities provided by Regent’s University London (e.g. trips to London sights, English conversation club, sports, taster lectures etc.) as well as the University's facilities (Regent’s library and self-study areas, refectory, café etc). In spring 2021, extra-curricular activities will be delivered online and access to some parts of the campus may be restricted.
Returning to Campus
In line with the British government instruction all the ELC courses are running online until at least 8th March 2021. If you would like to study with us, we would be very happy to accept you on your chosen English language course, provided that you have access to the internet and a suitable device for participating in online classes (e.g. a laptop, tablet or a PC). We are going to switch back to face-to-face course delivery as soon as possible, in line with the government guidelines.
What to expect from your online classes?
Your classes will be delivered via MS Teams where you will be able to interact with your teacher and fellow classmates. Similarly to face-to-face classes, there will be a lot of interaction as well as group work and pair work. Your teacher will be sharing materials via MS Teams and you will use the same channel to submit your homework. The teacher will be able to share their screen during your online lessons to show electronic handouts and play audio and video recordings. Extracurricular activities (e.g. weekly Conversation Club) will also be delivered via MS Teams. All this from the comfort of your home.
Health and safety when we return to campus
We’ve been working hard to get our campus ready, both to minimise the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Here's what we're doing:
- We’re hosting our placement testing and induction sessions online via Microsoft Teams, rather than in person, before each course begins
- We’re spreading classes across campus, using larger classrooms and staggering break times to increase separation and maintain social distancing
- We're increasing ventilation by opening windows frequently, making hand sanitiser widely available, and cleaning classrooms thoroughly before and after each lesson
- We’re encouraging students and academics to wear a mask at all times while walking around campus, and utilising a new one-way traffic system to maintain distancing
- We’re reducing paper handouts, encouraging online resources and using online channels (such as email and Microsoft Teams) to communicate where possible
We're also continuing to follow government guidelines closely and make updates to our processes as needed.
If you have any further questions or would simply like to chat through your options, please get in touch via email at [email protected].