Pre-Sessional Course Online
Our final online pre-sessional course is taking place on 10 August, with face-to-face teaching recommencing from 28 September at our Regent's Park campus. Please see the 'Returning to Campus' section below for more information.
This course follows a similar structure and methodology to our face-to-face Pre-sessional English Course but classes are delivered online, with students from all over the world joining from their countries.
Lessons are delivered live by Regent’s English language teachers through an online platform.
Session 1: 9:15 – 10:45 UK time
Session 2: 11:15 – 12:30 UK time
Session 3: 13:30 – 14:45 UK time
On the online platform students can interact with the teacher and their classmates in real time. There are communicative activities, discussions, group work and pair work.
As soon as the University re-opens, this course will switch to face-to-face delivery at Regent’s University London Campus.
Pre-Sessional Course Overview
The pre-sessional programme is designed specifically for students who currently hold an offer for a degree programme at Regent’s University London, or any other UK-based institution. It provides an overview of academic culture in the UK, develops general and academic English and explores different types of academic assessment. Upon successful completion of the course, students can progress directly to their chosen degree course at Regent’s provided they have met the course requirements. All students are tested and receive a certificate detailing their CEFR band in each of the skills.
Students on this course have access to extra-curricular activities provided by Regent’s University London (e.g. trips to London sights, English conversation club, sports, taster lectures etc.) as well as the University's facilities (Regent’s library and self-study areas, refectory, café etc.) In autumn 2020, extra-curricular activities will be delivered online and access to some parts of the campus may be restricted.
Returning to Campus
From Monday 28 September, students can enjoy all the benefits of our pre-sessional course in-person at our stunning Regent’s Park campus. They’ll get personal support from expert tutors, and meet their classmates in a safe, socially distanced setting.
Health and safety
We’ve been working hard to get our campus ready, both to minimise the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Here's what we're doing:
- We’re hosting our placement testing and induction sessions online via Microsoft Teams, rather than in person, before each course begins
- We’re spreading classes across campus, using larger classrooms and staggering break times to increase separation and maintain social distancing
- We're increasing ventilation by opening windows frequently, making hand sanitiser widely available, and cleaning classrooms thoroughly before and after each lesson
- We’re encouraging students and academics to wear a mask at all times while walking around campus, and utilising a new one-way traffic system to maintain distancing
- We’re reducing paper handouts, encouraging online resources and using online channels (such as email and Microsoft Teams) to communicate where possible
We're also continuing to follow government guidelines closely and make updates to our processes as needed.
If you have any further questions or would simply like to chat through your options, please get in touch via email at [email protected].