Karen specialises in Art and Design. She studied Fashion, Textiles and Fine Art and has worked as a designer, artist and lecturer. Initially she worked as a Knitwear Designer. Clients included Henri Bendel and The Limited in the US, Mitsukoshi in Japan and Nigel French and Design Intelligence in the UK.
She has extensive teaching experience having taught at several universities and colleges in the UK including The University of Derby, London College of Fashion, Central Saint Martins and The American InterContinental University.
Karen also spent four years working in the US where she taught at The Savannah College of Art and Design on the BA and MFA Fashion and the Foundation programmes.
- PGCE, University of Greenwich
- MA Fine Art: Drawing, Wimbledon School of Art
- PGCert, Constructed Textiles, Middlesex University
- BA (Hons) Textiles/Fashion (Fashion was the chief area of study) - First Class Honours, Middlesex University
Relevant Past Employment
- American InterContinental University, London, Associate Lecturer
- Savannah College of Art and Design, USA, Professor
- Savannah College of Art and Design, USA, Chair of Fashion Department
- London College of Fashion, Visiting Lecturer
- Fashion Knitwear Designer, Freelance
Karen’s research focuses on contemporary drawing in art and design.
Rootstein Hopkins Foundation Grant, 2002
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- DRN – The Drawing Research Network
Teaching & Course Development
Karen teaches modules on the BA (Hons) Fashion Design, Foundation and the BA (Hons) Liberal Studies (Art History) programmes.