When would you like to begin studying?
An intensive course combining General English in the mornings with English for Business classes in the afternoons. English for Business sessions cover essential skills such as presentations, negotiations, job applications and interviews, business correspondence, meetings and telephone English.
Applying to study at Regent's is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications and have no formal application deadlines.
This course combines General English in the mornings (9:15 – 12:30) with Business English skills in the afternoons (13:30 – 15:00). The morning class will cover all skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking) as well as vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation. The afternoon class will focus on Business English skills, such as business correspondence, presentation skills, interview strategies and telephone English. The course will help students develop their interview skills, write clear emails and increase their awareness of business topics and issues. Students will improve their business English vocabulary and knowledge which will help them work more effectively and open up new career opportunities.
All students take a placement test on the first day of the course, followed by regular progress tests. Teachers give continuous feedback on students’ progress. There are regular one-to-one tutorials which give students the opportunity to revise their learning goals and discuss their strengths and areas for improvement.
Please note there are no classes on the following dates:
Christmas 2019: Friday 20 December 2019 – Monday 6 January 2020
New Year’s Day: 1 January 2020
Good Friday: 10 April 2020
Easter Monday: 13 April 2020
Early May Bank Holiday: 8 May 2020
Spring Bank Holiday: 25 May 2020
Summer Bank Holiday: 31 August 2020
Christmas 2020: dates TBA
Please note that we do not offer any refunds for bank holidays, or other pre-scheduled days when the Centre is closed.
B1+/B2 level (intermediate+/upper-intermediate) is required. Students applying for this course will have a short Skype/telephone interview in order to assess their level of English.
Previous business knowledge/qualification is not required.
English is a global language, used in a business context in many parts of the world. Learning how to speak, understand, read and write English may improve your career prospects, not just in majority English-speaking countries, but worldwide.
• I understand that I need to supply a passport copy (or ID copy for EU citizens) and colour photograph to [email protected]
• I understand I will not receive a Student ID card on arrival if I do not submit a colour photograph one week prior to course start date
• I understand that in order to have my application processed, I need to pay a deposit
• I certify that the information I supplied on my application form is correct
• I certify that the information I supplied on my level is correct
• I have received and understand all of the programme costs. I agree to pay the balance of fees on (or before) the first day of class
• I understand that my passport will be checked when I arrive at the school and it is my responsibility to have the right visa
• I understand that I will take an English test when I arrive at the school. I will be placed in the best level for my ability based on those tests. There are no classes on test days
• I understand the Cancellation Policy as outlined below
• I understand it is my responsibility to organize medical and other insurance for my stay in the UK (RILC does not provide this)
• I authorise qualified medical diagnosis and treatment of injury to the student and authorise release of medical information for treatment and insurance purposes. I understand that I am responsible for medical expenses outside the limits of any applicable medical insurance and that pre-existing health conditions are not covered by health insurance
• I understand that I am responsible for all expenses, including personal expenses whilst attending RILC. I authorise RILC to release information regarding my studies to my sponsoring agency or my guardian. I also authorise any appropriate medical centre or personnel to examine and / or treat me for any illness/injury I incur while a student at the school
• I understand that I will be issued a handbook on arrival which outlines the policies and procedures of the school. I will read and follow the procedures as set out in the guidelines
• All fees must be paid two weeks prior to course start date
• The course deposit and housing fee is non-refundable
• Fees paid are refundable if you cancel two weeks prior to the beginning of the course (with the exception of course deposit and housing application fee)
• You may change or cancel your homestay/private home with two weeks’ notice only with bookings of more than 4 weeks. Students who wish to cancel accommodation in student residences will be charged the cancellation rates of the residence. Ask the school for details
• Refunds will be sent to the student or guardian normally within thirty (30) days. Post and bank fees will be deducted if applicable
• No refunds will be given once the course has started
• Please note all our classes have a maximum of 15 students