Ellie is a senior lecturer, Doctoral researcher and business strategist. She is currently undertaking a Doctorate degree in Business Strategy: Developing strategies that create commercial sustainability in luxury brand management. She has extensive experience teaching a variety of subjects at the Postgraduate and Undergraduate level, at British and international academic institutions. She has supervised in excess of 300 Masters dissertations, business start-ups and consultancy projects.
Her broad expertise includes: Luxury Brands Management, Business Strategy, Marketing, Global Management, Economics and Organisational Behaviour. Ellie is a module leader with extensive experience in managing teams and seminar tutors, developing courses, curricula and study materials. She has led MBA modules with over 500 students and she currently leads the mega module MGT4A7 at Regent’s university.
In addition, she has run several Executive Training Programs nationally and internationally for corporate executives and overseas government officials (such as Chines, Vietnamese and Middle Eastern). As an Academic Board Member, she has been a regular participant in university validations, QAA, UKVI advisory boards. Ellie has also been involved in liaison with higher education institutions to ensure the relevance and marketability of programs at home and overseas.
Prior to joining academia, Ellie worked as an investment consultant in the City of London for American and British financial and consulting groups. She has maintained her links with consultancy whilst in academia and has worked with many SMEs.
- DBA in Business Strategy (Developing strategies that create commercial sustainability for Luxury Brand Management), University of Wales, expected completion in 2021
- MBA in Business Finance, University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, 1999
- BA (Hons) in Applied Economics & French, Kingston University, 1996 – Class 1st
- Dean’s Award, Regent’s University London, 2014
- Fellowship and Winner of ‘Outstanding Teacher Award’, Cardiff Metropolitan University, 2014
Relevant Past Employment
Senior Lecturer, Module Leader & Dissertation Supervisor at the following institutions:
- University of Chester
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff
- University of Gloucestershire
- University of Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of East London
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Westminster International College (Malaysia)
- University of Sunderland
- University of Northumbria
- Charles Stuart University (Australia)
Consultancy work for small to medium-size organisations - Projects include: business start-up, luxury marketing, brand education, consumer behaviour and market research, leadership, employee training and motivation.
Consultancy work for small to medium-size organisations - Projects include: business start-up, Investment, consumer behaviour, brand education, employee training, motivation and retention.
Ellie has supervised over 300 Masters dissertations, business start-up and consultancy projects.
- Luxury Brand Management
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability
- Leadership, Organisational Behaviour and HRM
- Consumer Behaviour and Experience
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of Chartered Management Institute – MCMI
- Member of REO - Review for Educational Oversight
- Member of QAA & UK BA Advisory Board
- Member of Academic Board
- Member of MBA Programmes Committees
- Member of BA Programmes Committees
- Member of Learning, Teaching and Assessment Committee
- Member of Quality Assurance and Enhancement Committee
- Financial Planning Certificate (I) & (II)
Teaching & Course Development
Ellie has over 15 years of teaching experience at numerous British universities. Since joining Regent’s University London in 2012, she has taught and developed a variety of subjects at Masters and BA level. Some of which are listed below:
On MA Luxury Brand Management:
- Luxury Marketing Management
- Contemporary issues in Luxury
- Recruiting and Retaining Talent
On MA International Business and MA Management:
- Business Strategy
On BA Global Management and BA Events Management:
- People and Organisations
- Strategic Analysis
- Global Management
- Business Planning
- International Organisational Behaviour