The Academic Regulations and Policies of Regent’s University London are designed to help assure the quality and standards of the University’s awards and courses and the student academic experience.
These apply to all categories of student, all academic courses, and all types of award (collaborative partnerships may require separate or varied regulations).
The autonomy of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) with degree awarding powers is governed by legislation and overseen by external regulations, codes of practice and guidelines. Regent’s University London regulations and policy are informed by and comply with the following:
- Principles of good practice, including those in the UK Quality Code for Higher Education
- The English Higher Education Regulator, the Office for Students
- National legislation, including advice provided by the Competitions and Markets Authority
- Professional, statutory and regulatory body (PSRB) requirements
The following are the external accreditors applicable to the University:
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
The academic regulations are reviewed on an annual basis. They are overseen by the Quality Committee with final approval and oversight by the Academic Committee.
If you would like to access any of the Policies on this website in an accessible format please email our Support & Welfare team at [email protected].