John Saint is a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems and Data Analytics, with extensive experience inside and outside of the education sector. Prior to joining Regent's University London, he spent 12 years in the IT industry, mainly in the banking sector. He has developed his portfolio of skills mainly at Regent's University London but also taught at the University of Westminster.
He is the Deputy Head of Programme for the BA International Business.
- PhD Candidate – due to complete in 2021
- MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Mining (with distinction), De Montfort University, 2015
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, University of Westminster, 2011
- BSc (Hons), Data Processing, University of Leeds, 1990
Relevant Past Employment
- 2002 – current, Lecturer in ICT, Faculty of Business and Management, Regent's University London, London
- 2004 – 2006, Lecturer in ICT, University of Westminster, London
- 1990 – 2001, Analyst Programmer at various institutions including Royal Bank of Scotland, ACI Watford, Caltex South Africa and Girobank.
John has experience of dissertation and consultancy project supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
As well as Big Data Analytics in business and Marketing, his PhD studies are focused around Learning Analytics in Higher Education. This discipline seeks to utilise various educational data sources and mine useful insights into learner behaviour, with a view to improving the digital experience for students.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the British Computer Society (BCS)
- Member of the Society for Learning Analytics Research
Teaching & Course Development
John is an experienced course developer at undergraduate and postgraduate level. For the BA International Business and the MSc in Digital Marketing and Analytics, he has created successful modules in Web Design, Database Design, IT Skills, Big Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Statistical Methods.