Anna is an actor, director and teacher who has worked extensively in the theatre, film, television, radio and corporate film markets. In addition, she has taught drama and acting for many London drama schools and in several colleges and universities here and in the US.
- BA Hons. Drama and English University of Kent
Relevant Past Employment
- 2003 – current, Drama Lecturer, Bucknell University London Program, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
- 2002 –2011 Visiting Lecturer, University of Wisconsin London Summer Program
- 2000 – 2005 Director of the Theatre Program : Drama Lecturer and Acting Tutor, CBB London WC1 (Colby College, Maine U.S.A in London)
- 1983 – 1985 Visiting Lecturer, Royal Holloway College, Egham (London University)
- 1982 – 2005 Freelance Drama and Acting Tutor for London Drama Schools
- 2001 Director of Workshops in Acting and Improvisation and Shakespeare Masterclasses, British Council in Delhi and Calcutta, India
- 2001 Visiting tutor teaching Improvisation, Shakespeare and Ensemble Techniques, Delhi Academy of Dramatic Art and Imago School of Drama, India
- 1991 Visiting Lecturer, Colby College, Maine USA
NORWICH, J. (editor) (2000). Theatre section: Everyman Guide to England and Wales, London: Everyman Guides
Professional Acting Career:
The Trainer (Hackney Empire) Macbeth (Nottingham and tour of India and China) Master and Margarita (Almeida Theatre and Lyric Theatre Hammersmith) Brezhnev's Children (ICA) Pride and Prejudice (National Tour) Lessons and Lovers and Trumpets and Raspberries (York Theatre Royal) Two Gentlemen of Verona (New End Theatre) The Nun Greenwich Studio Theatre, What about Leonardo Lilian Baylis Studio at Sadler's Wells etc.
Kiss Me Kate, Casualty, The Bill, Eastenders, The Harry Enfield Show, Drop the Dead Donkey, Girls on Top, Kavanagh QC, Paradise Postponed, Silent Witness, The Ten Percenters, Between the Lines, Harry's Mad, Hard Cases, Boon, The Critic, Hardwicke House etc.
Air (2015) Surprise (2012), Lady Jane, The Changeling, Supper at Emmaus, Secret Life of Fish etc.
Presentation and Corporate Video work includes:
Barclays Bank, Prudential Insurance, Lloyds Bank, DH Evans, KPMG Peat Marwick, British Telecom, Enterprise Training Council, Creative Communications, Longmans Office Safety, Book Refurbishment and Antique Books, Big Bear Productions, Zenger Miller, Channel4/Lloyds Bank Short Film Production
Radio and Voice Over includes:
Cartoon dubbing, film dubbing, poetry on BBC Radio 3, soap opera on Capital Radio, talking books, telephone systems for Halifax Building Society and Lloyds Bank Fraud Department.
Working with student actors with disability: contributed to BBC 2 Horizon Documentary 2013 ‘Living with Autism’, featuring my work using improvisation with an actor with Asperger’s Syndrome.
- John Oppenheim Foundation Grant for Voice Training
- Shared in a HASS Research Grant for ‘practice as research project’ working on a film with an ex-student actor with Asperger’s Syndrome
Teaching & Course Development
- 2010- current Course Leader: Foundation Certificate in Acting (HASS)
- 1986 – current, Senior Lecturer and Acting Tutor for RACL and RSDFM
- Personal Tutor for BA Screenwriting and Producing Year 1
- Academic Adviser from 2003-2015 Regents University London/ RACL
- Wrote and vaildated the Foundation Certificate in Acting 2009/2010
- Contributed to the writing and validation BA Acting and Global Theatre 2009/2010
- Contributed to the writing and revalidation BA Acting and World Theatre with Integrated Foundation / Year 0 in Acting