Chris Pickford is a professionally qualified and experienced marketer and strategic planner and has extensive commercial experience in blue-chip corporate companies, SMEs and consultancy roles. His commercial experience covers Post-Merger-Integration, due diligence audit, international segmentation programmes, product development, corporate identity re-launch and marketing research. His teaching experience includes open executive programmes, professional courses including CIM, CMI and CIPD and teaching at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- MA Degree (dist) Marketing, Kingston University, 1999
- Dip Management Studies, University of Portsmouth, 1997
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma, 1996
- PGCE, Westminster University, 2012
Relevant Past Employment
- 2011 – current, Visiting Fellow, South Bank University, London
- 2011 – current, Lecturer at Hammersmith College, London
- 2010 – 2011, Course Director; Chartered Institute of Marketing, Hammersmith Centre
- 2009 – 2012, Seminar speaker, BBS CIS, London
- 2009 – 2010, Programme Development Manager, Blue Sky Media, London; OCN accredited youth arts learning programmes.
- 2008 – 2009, Consultant to EMI Group subsidiary, London
- 2004 – 2008, Strategic Planning Executive, Cemex, London
- Pickford, C. and Goodhardt, G. (2000) An empirical study of buying behaviour in an industrial market, Academy of Marketing Conference Proceedings
Conference Papers Given
- Pickford, C. and Goodhardt, G. (2000) An empirical study of buying behaviour in an industrial market, Academy of Marketing Conference, 2000
- Pickford, C. (2002) Industrial Buying Behaviour, Academy of Construction Marketing
Supervises BA and MA dissertations. He is currently supervising 7 students as primary supervisor.
Current research interests in my specialisation include price framing and private label branding using retail panel data. I am a Visiting Fellow at the Ehrenberg Marketing Centre and I began my research career in 2000. I worked under the supervision of Professor's Gerald Goodhardt and Andrew Ehrenberg undertaking Dirichlet research into repeat buying. My work has been cited in the Journal of Business Research (2004) and most recently in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2009).
My teaching research interests include delivering creative intelligence workshops and undertaking peer-learning experiments using media-enhanced learning.
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
Teaching & Course Development
- Course Director for Chartered Institute of Marketing courses, Module Leader for FdA Marketing and ILM Leadership programmes at Hammersmith College.