David Hudson is an Integrative Psychotherapist specialising in Gestalt, person-centred and psychodynamic approaches. He has been Course Leader on the Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy for nine years, Module Leader on the MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling for 12 years, and Module Leader on the BSc in Psychology for four years. He is the Chair of the Professional Standards Committee in Regents School of Psychotherapy and Psychology and the main contact with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy as RSPP is an organisational member of this body.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Regents University London, 2003
- MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regents University London, 2001
- PGCE in Media Studies and English, University of London, 1981
- BA in Philosophy and English, University of Keele, 1974
Relevant Past Employment
Professional actor from 1983 - 1998
- (2006). Attended and helped run workshops in Bioenergetics at the European Association of Psychotherapy in Cambridge.
- (2008). ‘That's All You Ever Think About' paper on sex addiction – Society for Existential Analysis Hermeneutic Circular.
- (2010). ‘Reich: Revolution and Regulation' a paper delivered at the 2010 European Association of Psychotherapy in Bucharest.
- Currently working on a chapter in a book to be edited by Ros Pearmain and Mike Harding provisionally entitled ‘Language and the Body'.
MA dissertation supervision from 2009 ongoing.
Voice in acting and psychotherapy, body psychotherapy, affect regulation theory, psychodrama and spirituality in psychotherapy.
He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a registered member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy and the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Conference Papers Given
- 2010. ‘Reich and Revolution’ – paper delivered at the European Association of Psychotherapy in Bucharest#
- 2006. ‘Bioenergetics Today – paper and workshop for the European Association of Psychotherapy in Cambridge
Teaching & Course Development
- Regents Schools of Psychotherapy and Psychology and Liberal Arts and Humanities on the BSc and BA in Psychology – ‘Psychology of Child and Adult Development’, ‘Adolescent Psychology’, ‘History and Concepts in Therapies and Counselling Psychology’. On the MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling ‘Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy’ and ‘Contemporary Theory and Practice in Integrative Psychotherapy’.
- New courses in ‘Lifespan Development’, ‘Introduction to Counselling’, ‘Contemporary Theory and Practice in Integrative Psychotherapy’.