Kristina is an Associate Lecturer in Architecture and Design History & Theory, teaching on the BA (Hons) Interior Design course at Regent’s University. She is Module Leader of the Level Six Dissertation Module and works with third-year students on the development of independent research projects.
Kristina studied Architecture and Spatial Arts at Central Saint Martins, UAL and The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL. She was awarded the John Lyon Scholarship at UCL and since graduating in 2004, has won both high-profile public commissions and been awarded international residencies, including twice being awarded the coveted Fiskars Residency Award in Finland.
Central to Kristina's multidisciplinary practice is the examination of socio-spatial control as expressed through architectural design and the built environment. Recent projects have focused on the evolving gendering of public space; hierarchies of power and anthropocentricity in material culture; sites of urban housing conflicts in the UK; and the preservation of privacy in Smart Homes.
In addition to her research and studio practice, Kristina is a regular guest lecturer at University College London, Central Saint Martins UAL, and University for the Creative Arts. Kristina has also been an invited guest speaker at The House of Lords and UK Parliament; The Association of Finnish Sculptors, Helsinki; KVINFO, Copenhagen; and ONOMA Fiskars.
Kristina is also an Honorary Research Fellow at University College London and sits on advisory panels at UK Parliament.
- Condensed MA: Art & Design Pedagogy in Higher Education, The Institute of Education, UCL, 2007–2008
- PGCert Art & Design Education, The Institute of Education, UCL, 2007–2008
- BA (Hons) Spatial Arts & Design, Central Saint Martins UAL and The Bartlett School of Architecture UCL, 2001 – 2004
- Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, Central Saint Martins UAL, 2000–2001
- Honorary Research Fellow, University College London, awarded 2019
- Project Award, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art, UK Parliament, awarded 2018
- Project Award, Lord Speaker's Advisory Panel on Works of Art, UK Parliament, awarded 2018
- Provost's Award, University College London, awarded 2017
Fiskars Residency Award, ONOMA, Finland, awarded 2015 & 2017