Tristan has a background in production that includes television, film, community and corporate work. He has taught degree courses in television, scriptwriting and producing and directing.
For three years Tristan held the role of Skillset Screen Academy Associate, devising and project managing training in filmmaking. For the past three years he has been closely involved in the running of a European Union film skills programme which mentors teams of scriptwriters, producers and directors in developing first features.
- PGCHE, Regent's University London, 2018
- MA Television Production Bournemouth University. Grade achieved, MA with Merit, 2003 – 2004
- BA (Hons), Media & Film and History King Alfred's College, Winchester. Grade achieved, 2:1, 2000 – 2003
Relevant Past Employment
- October 2017 – present, Course Leader, BA Film, TV & Digital Media Production, Regent's University London.
- November 2009 – October 2017, Programme Director Media & Communications, Regent's School of Drama, Film & Media, Regent's University London and Regent's American College London.
- October 2004 – November 2009, Lecturer, Bournemouth University.
- May 2006 – October 2009, Screen Academy Associate, Bournemouth Screen Academy.
- July 2005 – July 2007, Creative Industries Summer Schools
- April 2005 – May 2008, Freelance Production, ITV Granada.
- November 2004 – July 2008, Widening Participation
- October 2004 – April 2005, Assistant to Executive Producer, Travelling Picture Company Ltd.
- January 2004 – September 2004, Production Team, Red Balloon Productions.
- August 2002 – August 2003, Producer/Director/Editor, Winchester University College.
Conference Papers Given
- European Network for Cinema and Media Studies Paper, Making History in Hollywood:How Audiences Understand Themselves (NECS) Conference, King's College, London, UK.
Truth and the use of archive in historical documentary.
- £900 from Regent’s University London for documentary research, Occupation (working title), 2018.
- £300 from Bottle Rocket Films for documentary research, Occupation (working title), 2018.
- £3000 from Regent’s University London for short film, Air 2016.
- £1000 from National Autistic Society for short film, Air 2016.
- £800 from Regent’s University London for Assistant Producer training course at the BBC, 2011.
Fellow of Higher Education Academy
Teaching & Course Development
- Validated BA Film & Screen with pathways, November 2017.
- Validated and revalidated BA Film, TV & Digital Media Production, 2010 and 2016
- Internal Panel Member, MA Psychotherapy & Counselling, Regent’s University London, 2018
- External Examiner Cert HE Professional Make-up Design Delamar Academy & Make Up and Hair 2017 – 2019
- External Examiner Film Production 2012-2016
- Internal Panel Member Webster Graduate School, London, UK Panel member MA Luxury Brand Management, 2009
- External Panel Member Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK Panel member on foundation degree validation, 2009