Edward specialises in the design, development and delivery of senior executive programs for high performance teams in entrepreneurial and large firms.
He holds a number of directorships, advises, consults and publishes in the area of strategic and entrepreneurial learning. He is currently working in the area of corporate play and decision-making in uncertain and ambiguous settings.
- M.Ed. Foundations of Open and Distance Education, Open University Business School, UK, 1998 – 2000
- M.Sc. Management Science and Operations Research, Warwick University Business School, UK, 1990 – 1991
- BA (Hons) Business Studies, Bournemouth University, UK, 1986 – 1990
Relevant Past Employment
- 2011 – current, Partner, The Cooplexity Institute
- 2007 – current, Director, Training Games, Spain.
- 1997 – current, Co-chair, Director of Education, Yaa Asantewaa Arts Centre, London
- 2011 – 2012, Director, My Cinnamon Girl, UK
- 2007 – 2012, Founding Member, Barcelona Entrepreneurship City Project, Barcelona
- 1999 – 2003, Director, BreakThrough Networks, London (VoIP provider)
- 1992 – 1994, Market Analyst, Michelin Tyres, London
- 1987 – 1990, Operations Analyst, Foreign Exchange and Money Markets Division, SG Warburg Investment Bank, London
Lead Researcher and Publication: Strategic Management and Organizational Learning since 1994 (for full list please request).
Most recent peer reviewed publications:
- Gonsalves, E. & Zamora, R. (2012 in press), Cooplexity: A model of collaboration for managing complexity in times of uncertainty and change, Madrid: LULU.COM
- Gonsalves, E. & Helwig-Larsen, B. (2012 in progress), ‘All Work & No Play: Dysfunctional Learning in Corporate Training Programs', White Paper, Cooplexity Institute, Oxford, UK.
- C.W.J.A., Gonsalves, E. (2008) Entrepreneurial Resource, Organizational Learning and Strategy-Making: Linking Theory and Empirical Design. In R. T. Harrison, & C. M. Leitch (Eds.), Entrepreneurial Learning: Conceptual Frameworks and Applications. London: Routledge.
- Gray, C.W.J.A., Gonsalves, E. (2002) 'Organizational learning and entrepreneurial strategy', International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 27-33
- Current, Delivery of senior executive training programs to blue chip clients including Santander Bank and T-Mobile
- 2005 – current, Strategic Consultant and Lead Facilitator on Carnival Village and Enterprise Cluster project: London (GBP10 million capital program)
- 2005 – 2008, Facilitator/Moderator: Park Royal Partnership Trust's ‘SME Mentoring & Learning' program with the London Development Agency and European Business School.
- 2003 – 2006, Enterprise & Learning advisor to the board of the Milton Keynes Enterprise Hub & Hatchery for start-ups
Conference Papers Given
- Gonsalves, E.& Zamora, R. (2011) SYNERGY: Simulating Executive Play, Decision Making & Entrepreneurial Learning in Growing Firms, Games and Learning Alliance & European Network of Excellence Conference, ESADE Business School, Barcelona.
- Willetts, J., Dhanji, A. & Gonsalves, E. (2011) Exploring Entrepreneurial Synergies, ISBE Conference, Sheffield University, Sheffield.
- Gonsalves, E. (2010) Constructing Vicarious Experiences in the Entrepreneurial Classroom – A Response to the Perennial Question: "Can Entrepreneurship be Taught?", MBS International Week Conference, Munich
- Supervised Approximately 50 MBA & MA dissertations by research since 2005
- The Development of Emancipatory Pedagogy in Enterprise learning.
- Connectivist learning designs as a means to engage the learners with our wider public and the delivery of beyond-the-classroom 'product' that are meaningful to he day-to-day life of the learner
- The potential for Dramaturgical learning approaches to encourage co-production of learning between 'teacher & student'
- The use of VLEs, Social Media and Blended-Learning designs to release all of the above in Enterprise Education
- The role of play in reducing the risk of dysfunctional learning in modern HE institutional and Corporate settings.
- Accredited Belbin Team Roles Facilitator
- Certified Enterprise ProfitAbility Facilitator
- Accredited Complexity Institute Partner
Teaching & Course Development
MA Entrepreneurial Management Pathway Leader and MBA Module Leader European Business School, London:
- Entrepreneurship and Planning New Ventures;
- Family Business;
- Managing the Growing Firm;
- Strategy in Action
Associate Professor Human Resources & Entrepreneurship, Toulouse Business School, Barcelona:
- Change Management
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- Strategic Human Resources
- Supply Chain Negotiation
- Talent Management
1994 – 2000, Research Associate and Research Fellow, Strategic Management and Organizational Learning, Centre for Strategy & Policy, Open University Business School, Milton Keynes, UK