Elif has worked in education for most of her career and thrives on the exceptional sense of continual renewal and aspiration that education brings to everyone involved. She has an ability to engage with people easily and professionally and has always formed and maintained good relations with organisations, colleagues and students of any age.
She is a natural, professional networker, and realises the usefulness of networking and the people skills that she holds, which will benefit the University department she is a part of. Her understanding of diversity has always been enhanced by her International experiences, at home and abroad. The greatness of having lived, studied and worked in firstly London has enabled her to experience the deep essential understanding of cultures and society needed to create better opportunities.
Elif believes she is trustworthy and generous in her knowledge, helping of others and herself to achieve mutual goals. She really enjoys working with people and continues to look for work in areas that will extend her experience and expertise.
- September 2001 – January 2009, University of Westminster, Researcher Political Communication, and Specialised in Professional Control of the Media in late developed countries. Advisors: Prof. Steven Barnett & Prof. Jean Seaton
- October 1996 – September 1999, Bogazici University Istanbul, Turkey. MA Political Science and International Relations. Thesis topic: “The Formal Role of the Military in Political Decision Making: Egypt and Turkey”. Advisors: Prof. Ersin Kalaycioglu and Dr. William Hale
- September 1992 – June 1996, Middlesex University, BA in Politics, History and Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Emphases on European Union, EU law, pre and post 1989 Eastern Bloc countries, Political History and Political theory.
Relevant Past Employment
- August 2011 – current, Lecturer, Regent's University London, Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
- October 2011 – April 2012, Lecturer, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- August 2009 – July 2011, PTA, Stamford American International School, Singapore
- August 2009 – August 2010, Admissions team, Stamford American International School, Singapore.
- February 2004 – January 2009, Lecturer, Dept. Mass Communications, London Metropolitan University.
- September 2007 – July 2008, Lecturer, Birkbeck College, University of London.
- January 2002 – July 2007, Lecturer, University of Westminster.
- January 2002 – February 2004, Braintree College, Essex.
- September 1999 – September 2001, Research/Teaching Assistant, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey
- September 1998 - September 1999, Completed last year of Master's Degree
- September 1997 – September 1998, Account Executive, Image Public Relations, Turkey.
- April 1997 – September 1997, Foreign News Department Assistant, Channel TGRT, Turkey
- June 1996 – August 1996, Head Gymnastics Specialist, Camp Echo Lake, New York, USA
- May 1989 – June 1996 , Gymnastics Coach and Judge, Hackney Council Leisure Services, London, England.
- February 1995 – June 1995, Internship at the Oxfam Charity Head Office, London, England
- Supervised a number of students with their MA research on topics around Political Communication
- Political Communication used by late developing countries.
- Research and understanding of Political PR as well as corporate PR and how this has developed in recent times with technological changes.
- To examine the PR of individual countries on the International Relations stage.
- The Formal Role of the Military in Political Decision Making.
- Jean Monnet European Union award to complete research at the University of Westminster, London. Full tuition fees and living expenses.