Laoura studied Spatial Design at Central Saint Martins and soon after completed her postgraduate degree in Urbanism at the Architectural Association. She has a wide range of teaching experience having taught on the Level 4 Art & Design Foundation course at Central Saint Martins for over 10 years, as an Associate Lecturer in Architecture & Spatial Design.
As a visiting tutor, field trip enabler and guest critic at the University of Westminster, she was involved in the postgraduate architecture studies program. Laoura joined the Interior design department at American InterContinental University as a visiting lecturer in 2011 where she taught on both foundation and undergraduate levels of the dual American and UK degree programme. Since joining Regent’s University London in June 2013, she took on a Year One Module leader role on the BA(Hons) Interior Design programme within the School of Fashion and Design.
Laoura has pursued a continuing development in academia through further postgraduate studies in art and design teaching and in 2008 she received a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching from UAL.
She has been the External Examiner for MA Interior Design at Coventry University (2013-2018) and she is currently the Course leader of the BA (Hons) Interior Design course at Regent’s University London.
- PG Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Art, Design & Communication, Centre of Learning and Teaching, University of the Arts London, 2008
- MA Housing & Urbanism, Architectural Association London, 2005
- BA (First Class Honours) Arts & Design (Spatial design), Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, 2004
Relevant Past Employment
- 2017 – present – Lecturer, Course leader, BA (Hons) Interior Design, Regent’s University London
- 2015-2017 – Lecturer, Module leader, BA Interior Design, Regent’s University London
- 2013-2015 - Visiting Lecturer, BA (Hons) Interior Design, Regent’s University London.
- 2011-2013 - Instructor, BFA & BA (Hons) Interior Design, American InterContinental University London.
- 2006-2017 - Associate Lecturer, Architecture & Spatial design, Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London.
Laoura has been involved in urban analysis and research projects of various cities like London, Nicosia, Berlin, Beirut, Barcelona, Shanghai and Tehran. She has an interest in issues associated with urbanism, urban architecture, architectural urbanism, as well as theory on community, culture and identity in relation to the build environment. Her design research on places of conflict, such as the divided city of Nicosia has been presented at the City Dialogue Symposium, organised by 'Dialogue among Civilizations' in Tehran.
At Regent’s University London she continues her work with the local community and links with industry. She has developed the ID SALON guest lecture series, alongside live projects that support her ‘Research by design partnerships’ approach. She is interested in how a client facing approach to projects fosters links with the local community and embeds an understanding of the cultural, social and economic implications of design early on in students’ educational journey.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Teaching & Course Development
As a lecturer in Interior Design, Laoura has taught on both foundation and undergraduate programme levels and is currently Year One module leader. She was part of the development team that worked on enhancing the Interior Design programme for revalidation in 2018.
Foundation (level 3) tutor, Year 1 (Level 4) Module leader & Year 2 (Level 5) tutor.
BA (Hons) Interior Design 2019 – present
- IND305 Interior Design Specialist Option
- IND407 Design: Spatial Investigation
- IND410 Design: Inhabitation
- IND507 Design: ReHab ReUse
Year 1 (Level 4) tutor, BA (Hons) Interior Design 2014 – Present
- IND401 Interior Design Principles I
- IND402 Interior Design Principles II
- IND405 Interior Design Principles III
- IND406 Interior Design Principles IV
Laoura has been involved in the writing and course development for a specialist foundation course in Interior Design.
Foundation (Level 3) tutor, Foundation Studies in Interior Design 2013 – 2014
- Introduction to Interior Design I
- Drawing Basics for Interior Design
- Architectural Drafting
- Human Factors & Contextual Studies
As visiting lecturer at American InterContinental University London, Laoura has taught on the BFA & BA(Hons) Interior Design dual degree programme.
Year 2 (Level 4) tutor, BFA & BA(Hons) Interior Design 2011 – 2013
- IDIA 203 Introduction to Interior Design I
- IDIA 204 Introduction to Interior Design II
- IDIA 215 Interior Design II
- IDIA 216 Drawing Basic for Design
Year 1 (Level 3) tutor, BFA & BA(Hons) Interior Design 2011 – 2013
- IDIA 103 Interior Design I
- IDIA 110 Human Factors & Contextual Studies in Interior Design
External Examiner for MA Interior Design at Coventry University from 1st October 2013 to 30th September 2018. Module responsibilities:
- M101ID Design Innovation and Collaboration
- M101IND Interior Design Specialism
- M102ID Final Major Project