Owain is a multidisciplinary creative designer, artist and educator based in London. He has worked on a number of projects internationally, being exhibited in London, Boston (USA), Lithuania, Poland, Portugal and Ukraine. His practice specialises in post-industrial/commercial obsolescence through intervention, inhabitation, fragmentation and disassembly with a particular focus on editing the existing built environment. Owain has a strong interest in creative education and currently teaches undergraduate and postgraduate levels at Canterbury School of Architecture, University for the Creative Arts and at Regent's University London.
His teaching interests include design through making, 1:1 prototyping, material testing and rigorous experimentation. Owain is also continually challenging and developing the importance of architectural representation techniques within the context of academia and professional practice in the future.
- MA Interior and Spatial Design, Chelsea College of Arts, University of the Arts London, 2016 (Scholarship)
- BA (Hons) Architecture [RIBA], Oxford School of Architecture, Oxford Brookes University, 2014
Relevant Past Employment
- 2018-present: Visiting Lecturer, BA (Hons) Interior Design, Regents University, London
- 2017-present: Visiting Lecturer in BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design, Canterbury School of Architecture, University for the Creative Arts
- 2017-present, Visiting Lecturer in MA Architecture and MA Interior Design, Canterbury School of Architecture, University for the Creative Arts
- 2017, Sessional Lecture (Workshops), Business School for the Creative Industries, University for the Creative Arts – Epsom
- 2016-2017, Visiting Lecturer, Chelsea College of Arts, University of the Arts London
- 2017-present, Director, Beat It Percussion CIC
- 2015-present, Visiting Critic at: London Metropolitan University, University of Westminster, London College of Communication, Chelsea College of Arts and Canterbury School of Architecture.
- 2015-present, Interior Design Consultant, Graham and Green Ltd, London
- 2015-present, Designer, London
- 2015-2016, Student Welfare Mentor, University of the Arts London
- 2014-2015, Architectural Designer, Bridgend, Wales
Owain’s research interests include working with post-obsolescent spaces to unlock their spatial potential - experimenting with techniques such as cutting, deconstructing and suspending, exploring both physical and digital methodologies.
Owain also founded the Hybrid Drawing blog, which is a digital drawing archive collecting radical spatial drawings as a resource for students and creative professionals.
Owain is aware of the pressures of being a student and understands the importance of mental health awareness within academic institutions. He volunteered as a student welfare mentor for a year and also has training in mental health first aid.