If you’re looking for a degree that immerses you in the challenges of global business in today’s fast-moving economy, this course is for you.
Studying businesses and brands from all over the world, you’ll gain an understanding
of how international businesses thrive – learning core competencies including finance, data analysis, economic policy and strategic planning and crisis management, while developing your ability to think creatively and innovate globally.
You'll take on practical simulations, testing how you respond to digital disruption and organisational challenges while launching a mock start-up, and master how to critically analyse global economic policy – answering questions of ethics, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Using recent case studies, you'll learn how to classify business practices within markets, industries and cultures – developing insight into North America, Latin America, Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC), as well as emerging markets such as BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China), MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey), CIVETS (Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey, South Africa).
You'll also explore the topic of globalisation and examine current debates including:
- Appreciation versus appropriation
- Unintended alienation versus surface inclusion
- Increased migration and intersectionality
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Multiple and simultaneous career pathways
- Digital nomads
- Socioeconomic divides
Plus, you'll have the chance to learn a language and spend one term studying abroad – practicing your skills on the ground, discovering cultural references and nuances, and growing your global network of contacts.
Learn in London – the UK's business hub
From global organisations to new start-ups, studying in London offers opportunities to engage with all aspects of the business arena – gaining valuable work experience and meeting influential industry contacts.
- Take part in simulations, role plays, debates and creative workshops
- Launch mock start-ups, analyse global policies, work on live briefs, solve challenges
- Join industry talks: Harrods, McLaren Automotive, Meta, Mulberry, Burberry
- Network with students and staff from over 140 nationalities on campus
- Take field trips to London’s business hubs and HQs – The City to Canary Wharf
- Meet alumni who have launched and led businesses all over the world
The integrated foundation year has been specially designed to give you the introductory knowledge and business skills needed to confidently progress to degree-level study.
It's structured around discipline knowledge, with extra modules that introduce you to the transferable skills you'll need at degree level and beyond – giving you a solid grounding in both management principles and business skills.
Once you've successfully completed your Foundation year, you'll be able to progress to any of our business, social sciences, humanities or media undergraduate courses.
Building on this foundation, you’ll develop specialist knowledge in your chosen course.
Download course specification